Back to Top
- CVEs with nessus.description==This update for xen to version 4.9.2 fixes several issues. This feature was added :
- Added script, udev rule and systemd service to watch for vcpu online/offline events in a HVM domU. They are triggered via 'xl vcpu-set domU N' These security issues were fixed :
- CVE-2018-8897: Prevent mishandling of debug exceptions on x86 (XSA-260, bsc#1090820)
- Handle HPET timers in IO-APIC mode correctly to prevent malicious or buggy HVM guests from causing a hypervisor crash or potentially privilege escalation/information leaks (XSA-261, bsc#1090822)
- Prevent unbounded loop, induced by qemu allowing an attacker to permanently keep a physical CPU core busy (XSA-262, bsc#1090823)
- CVE-2018-10472: x86 HVM guest OS users (in certain configurations) were able to read arbitrary dom0 files via QMP live insertion of a CDROM, in conjunction with specifying the target file as the backing file of a snapshot (bsc#1089152).
- CVE-2018-10471: x86 PV guest OS users were able to cause a denial of service (out-of-bounds zero write and hypervisor crash) via unexpected INT 80 processing, because of an incorrect fix for CVE-2017-5754 (bsc#1089635).
- CVE-2018-7540: x86 PV guest OS users were able to cause a denial of service (host OS CPU hang) via non-preemptable L3/L4 pagetable freeing (bsc#1080635).
- CVE-2018-7541: Guest OS users were able to cause a denial of service (hypervisor crash) or gain privileges by triggering a grant-table transition from v2 to v1 (bsc#1080662).
- CVE-2018-7542: x86 PVH guest OS users were able to cause a denial of service (NULL pointer dereference and hypervisor crash) by leveraging the mishandling of configurations that lack a Local APIC (bsc#1080634).
The update package also includes non-security fixes. See advisory for details.
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues
|Max CVSS ||0
||Min CVSS ||0
Back to Top
|ID||CVSS||Summary||Last (major) update||Published