Back to Top
- CVEs with nessus.description==This update for xen fixes several issues. These security issues were fixed :
- CVE-2018-8897: Prevent mishandling of debug exceptions on x86 (XSA-260, bsc#1090820)
- Handle HPET timers in IO-APIC mode correctly to prevent malicious or buggy HVM guests from causing a hypervisor crash or potentially privilege escalation/information leaks (XSA-261, bsc#1090822)
- Prevent unbounded loop, induced by qemu allowing an attacker to permanently keep a physical CPU core busy (XSA-262, bsc#1090823)
- CVE-2018-10472: x86 HVM guest OS users (in certain configurations) were able to read arbitrary dom0 files via QMP live insertion of a CDROM, in conjunction with specifying the target file as the backing file of a snapshot (bsc#1089152).
- CVE-2018-10471: x86 PV guest OS users were able to cause a denial of service (out-of-bounds zero write and hypervisor crash) via unexpected INT 80 processing, because of an incorrect fix for CVE-2017-5754 (bsc#1089635).
- CVE-2018-7550: The load_multiboot function allowed local guest OS users to execute arbitrary code on the host via a mh_load_end_addr value greater than mh_bss_end_addr, which triggers an out-of-bounds read or write memory access (bsc#1083292).
The update package also includes non-security fixes. See advisory for details.
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues
|Max CVSS ||0
||Min CVSS ||0
Back to Top
|ID||CVSS||Summary||Last (major) update||Published