Back to Top
- CVEs with nessus.description==The SUSE Linux Enterprise 12 SP2 LTSS kernel was updated receive various security and bugfixes. The following security bugs were fixed :
- CVE-2018-5848: In the function wmi_set_ie(), the length validation code did not handle unsigned integer overflow properly. As a result, a large value of the 'ie_len' argument could have caused a buffer overflow (bnc#1097356)
- CVE-2018-1000204: Prevent infoleak caused by incorrect handling of the SG_IO ioctl (bsc#1096728).
- CVE-2017-18249: The add_free_nid function did not properly track an allocated nid, which allowed local users to cause a denial of service (race condition) or possibly have unspecified other impact via concurrent threads (bnc#1087036)
- CVE-2018-3665: Prevent disclosure of FPU registers (including XMM and AVX registers) between processes.
These registers might contain encryption keys when doing SSE accelerated AES enc/decryption (bsc#1087086)
- CVE-2017-18241: Prevent a NULL pointer dereference by using a noflush_merge option that triggers a NULL value for a flush_cmd_control data structure (bnc#1086400)
- CVE-2017-13305: Prevent information disclosure vulnerability in encrypted-keys (bsc#1094353).
- CVE-2018-1093: The ext4_valid_block_bitmap function allowed attackers to cause a denial of service (out-of-bounds read and system crash) via a crafted ext4 image because balloc.c and ialloc.c did not validate bitmap block numbers (bsc#1087095).
- CVE-2018-1094: The ext4_fill_super function did not always initialize the crc32c checksum driver, which allowed attackers to cause a denial of service (ext4_xattr_inode_hash NULL pointer dereference and system crash) via a crafted ext4 image (bsc#1087007).
- CVE-2018-1092: The ext4_iget function mishandled the case of a root directory with a zero i_links_count, which allowed attackers to cause a denial of service (ext4_process_freed_data NULL pointer dereference and OOPS) via a crafted ext4 image (bsc#1087012).
- CVE-2018-1130: NULL pointer dereference in dccp_write_xmit() function that allowed a local user to cause a denial of service by a number of certain crafted system calls (bsc#1092904).
- CVE-2018-1065: The netfilter subsystem mishandled the case of a rule blob that contains a jump but lacks a user-defined chain, which allowed local users to cause a denial of service (NULL pointer dereference) by leveraging the CAP_NET_RAW or CAP_NET_ADMIN capability (bsc#1083650).
- CVE-2018-5803: Prevent error in the '_sctp_make_chunk()' function when handling SCTP packets length that could have been exploited to cause a kernel crash (bnc#1083900).
- CVE-2018-7492: Prevent NULL pointer dereference in the net/rds/rdma.c __rds_rdma_map() function that allowed local attackers to cause a system panic and a denial-of-service, related to RDS_GET_MR and RDS_GET_MR_FOR_DEST (bsc#1082962).
- CVE-2018-1000199: Prevent vulnerability in modify_user_hw_breakpoint() that could have caused a crash and possibly memory corruption (bsc#1089895).
The update package also includes non-security fixes. See advisory for details.
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues
|Max CVSS ||0
||Min CVSS ||0
Back to Top
|ID||CVSS||Summary||Last (major) update||Published