Back to Top
- CVEs with nessus.description==Several vulnerabilities have been discovered in the Linux kernel that may lead to a privilege escalation, denial of service or information leaks.
- CVE-2014-9940 A use-after-free flaw in the voltage and current regulator driver could allow a local user to cause a denial of service or potentially escalate privileges.
- CVE-2017-7346 Li Qiang discovered that the DRM driver for VMware virtual GPUs does not properly check user-controlled values in the vmw_surface_define_ioctl() functions for upper limits. A local user can take advantage of this flaw to cause a denial of service.
- CVE-2017-7482 Shi Lei discovered that RxRPC Kerberos 5 ticket handling code does not properly verify metadata, leading to information disclosure, denial of service or potentially execution of arbitrary code.
- CVE-2017-7533 Fan Wu and Shixiong Zhao discovered a race condition between inotify events and VFS rename operations allowing an unprivileged local attacker to cause a denial of service or escalate privileges.
- CVE-2017-7541 A buffer overflow flaw in the Broadcom IEEE802.11n PCIe SoftMAC WLAN driver could allow a local user to cause kernel memory corruption, leading to a denial of service or potentially privilege escalation.
- CVE-2017-7542 An integer overflow vulnerability in the ip6_find_1stfragopt() function was found allowing a local attacker with privileges to open raw sockets to cause a denial of service.
- CVE-2017-7889 Tommi Rantala and Brad Spengler reported that the mm subsystem does not properly enforce the CONFIG_STRICT_DEVMEM protection mechanism, allowing a local attacker with access to /dev/mem to obtain sensitive information or potentially execute arbitrary code.
- CVE-2017-9605 Murray McAllister discovered that the DRM driver for VMware virtual GPUs does not properly initialize memory, potentially allowing a local attacker to obtain sensitive information from uninitialized kernel memory via a crafted ioctl call.
- CVE-2017-10911 / XSA-216
Anthony Perard of Citrix discovered an information leak flaw in Xen blkif response handling, allowing a malicious unprivileged guest to obtain sensitive information from the host or other guests.
- CVE-2017-11176 It was discovered that the mq_notify() function does not set the sock pointer to NULL upon entry into the retry logic. An attacker can take advantage of this flaw during a userspace close of a Netlink socket to cause a denial of service or potentially cause other impact.
- CVE-2017-1000363 Roee Hay reported that the lp driver does not properly bounds-check passed arguments, allowing a local attacker with write access to the kernel command line arguments to execute arbitrary code.
- CVE-2017-1000365 It was discovered that argument and environment pointers are not taken properly into account to the imposed size restrictions on arguments and environmental strings passed through RLIMIT_STACK/RLIMIT_INFINITY. A local attacker can take advantage of this flaw in conjunction with other flaws to execute arbitrary code
|Max CVSS ||0
||Min CVSS ||0
Back to Top
|ID||CVSS||Summary||Last (major) update||Published