Back to Top
- CVEs with nessus.description==An update for kernel-rt is now available for Red Hat Enterprise MRG 2.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
The kernel-rt packages provide the Real Time Linux Kernel, which enables fine-tuning for systems with extremely high determinism requirements.
Security Fix(es) :
* A flaw named FragmentSmack was found in the way the Linux kernel handled reassembly of fragmented IPv4 and IPv6 packets. A remote attacker could use this flaw to trigger time and calculation expensive fragment reassembly algorithm by sending specially crafted packets which could lead to a CPU saturation and hence a denial of service on the system. (CVE-2018-5391)
* kernel: out-of-bounds access in the show_timer function in kernel/time/ posix-timers.c (CVE-2017-18344)
* kernel: mm: use-after-free in do_get_mempolicy function allows local DoS or other unspecified impact (CVE-2018-10675)
* kernel: Integer overflow in Linux's create_elf_tables function (CVE-2018-14634)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
Red Hat would like to thank Juha-Matti Tilli (Aalto University - Department of Communications and Networking and Nokia Bell Labs) for reporting CVE-2018-5391 and Qualys Research Labs for reporting CVE-2018-14634.
Bug Fix(es) :
* The kernel-rt packages have been upgraded to the 3.10.0-693.43.1 source tree, which provides a number of bug fixes over the previous version. (BZ# 1632422)
|Max CVSS ||0
||Min CVSS ||0
Back to Top
|ID||CVSS||Summary||Last (major) update||Published