Back to Top
- CVEs with nessus.description==According to the versions of the ntp packages installed, the EulerOS installation on the remote host is affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- It was found that when ntp is configured with rate limiting for all associations the limits are also applied to responses received from its configured sources. A remote attacker who knows the sources can cause a denial of service by preventing ntpd from accepting valid responses from its sources.
- A flaw was found in the control mode functionality of ntpd. A remote attacker could send a crafted control mode packet which could lead to information disclosure or result in DDoS amplification attacks.
- A flaw was found in the way ntpd implemented the trap service. A remote attacker could send a specially crafted packet to cause a null pointer dereference that will crash ntpd, resulting in a denial of service.
- A flaw was found in the way ntpd running on a host with multiple network interfaces handled certain server responses. A remote attacker could use this flaw which would cause ntpd to not synchronize with the source.
- A flaw was found in the way ntpd calculated the root delay. A remote attacker could send a specially-crafted spoofed packet to cause denial of service or in some special cases even crash. (CVE-2016-7433)
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the EulerOS security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues
|Max CVSS ||0
||Min CVSS ||0
Back to Top
|ID||CVSS||Summary||Last (major) update||Published