Back to Top
- CVEs with nessus.description==This update for quagga to version 1.1.1 fixes the following issues :
This security issue was fixed :
- CVE-2017-5495: Quagga was vulnerable to an unbounded memory allocation in the telnet 'vty' CLI, leading to a Denial-of-Service of Quagga daemons, or even the entire host. When Quagga daemons are configured with their telnet CLI enabled, anyone who can connect to the TCP ports can trigger this vulnerability, prior to authentication (bsc#1021669).
These non-security issues were fixed :
- Disabled passwords in default zebra.conf config file, causing to disable vty telnet interface by default. The vty interface is available via 'vtysh' utility using pam authentication to permit management access for root without password (boo#1021669).
- Changed owner of /etc/quagga to quagga:quagga to permit to manage quagga via vty interface.
- Added quagga.log and create and su statemets to logrotate config, changed default zebra log file name from quagga.log to zebra.log.
- Added libfpm_pb0 and libquagga_pb0 shared library sub-packages, adjusted libzebra0 sub-package name to libzebra1.
- Do not enable zebra's tcp interface (port 2600) to use default unix socket for communication between the daemons
A digest of the other changes by the version upgrade :
- isisd: Fix size of malloc
- isisd: check for the existance of the correct list
- ospf6d: fix off-by-one on display of spf reasons
- ospf6d: don't access nexthops out of bounds
- bgpd: fix off-by-one in attribute flags handling
- bgpd: Fix buffer overflow error in bgp_dump_routes_func
Please http://mirror.easyname.at/nongnu/quagga/quagga-1.1.1.changelog.txt and the changelog for a complete list of changes
|Max CVSS ||0
||Min CVSS ||0
Back to Top
|ID||CVSS||Summary||Last (major) update||Published