Back to Top
- CVEs with nessus.description==The SUSE Linux Enterprise 12 kernel was updated to 3.12.55 to receive various security and bugfixes.
Features added :
- A improved XEN blkfront module was added, which allows more I/O bandwidth. (FATE#320625) It is called xen-blkfront in PV, and xen-vbd-upstream in HVM mode.
The following security bugs were fixed :
- CVE-2013-7446: Use-after-free vulnerability in net/unix/af_unix.c in the Linux kernel allowed local users to bypass intended AF_UNIX socket permissions or cause a denial of service (panic) via crafted epoll_ctl calls (bnc#955654).
- CVE-2015-5707: Integer overflow in the sg_start_req function in drivers/scsi/sg.c in the Linux kernel allowed local users to cause a denial of service or possibly have unspecified other impact via a large iov_count value in a write request (bnc#940338).
- CVE-2015-8709: kernel/ptrace.c in the Linux kernel mishandled uid and gid mappings, which allowed local users to gain privileges by establishing a user namespace, waiting for a root process to enter that namespace with an unsafe uid or gid, and then using the ptrace system call. NOTE: the vendor states 'there is no kernel bug here' (bnc#959709 bnc#960561).
- CVE-2015-8767: net/sctp/sm_sideeffect.c in the Linux kernel did not properly manage the relationship between a lock and a socket, which allowed local users to cause a denial of service (deadlock) via a crafted sctp_accept call (bnc#961509).
- CVE-2015-8785: The fuse_fill_write_pages function in fs/fuse/file.c in the Linux kernel allowed local users to cause a denial of service (infinite loop) via a writev system call that triggers a zero length for the first segment of an iov (bnc#963765).
- CVE-2015-8812: A use-after-free flaw was found in the CXGB3 kernel driver when the network was considered to be congested. This could be used by local attackers to cause machine crashes or potentially code executuon (bsc#966437).
- CVE-2016-0723: Race condition in the tty_ioctl function in drivers/tty/tty_io.c in the Linux kernel allowed local users to obtain sensitive information from kernel memory or cause a denial of service (use-after-free and system crash) by making a TIOCGETD ioctl call during processing of a TIOCSETD ioctl call (bnc#961500).
- CVE-2016-0774: A pipe buffer state corruption after unsuccessful atomic read from pipe was fixed (bsc#964730).
- CVE-2016-2069: Race conditions in TLB syncing was fixed which could leak to information leaks (bnc#963767).
- CVE-2016-2384: A double-free triggered by invalid USB descriptor in ALSA usb-audio was fixed, which could be exploited by physical local attackers to crash the kernel or gain code execution (bnc#966693).
The update package also includes non-security fixes. See advisory for details.
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues
|Max CVSS ||0
||Min CVSS ||0
Back to Top
|ID||CVSS||Summary||Last (major) update||Published