Back to Top
- CVEs with nessus.description==The SUSE Linux Enterprise 11 SP4 kernel was updated to receive various security and bugfixes.
Following security bugs were fixed :
- CVE-2015-7509: Mounting ext4 filesystems in no-journal mode could hav lead to a system crash (bsc#956709).
- CVE-2015-7799: The slhc_init function in drivers/net/slip/slhc.c in the Linux kernel did not ensure that certain slot numbers are valid, which allowed local users to cause a denial of service (NULL pointer dereference and system crash) via a crafted PPPIOCSMAXCID ioctl call (bnc#949936).
- CVE-2015-8104: The KVM subsystem in the Linux kernel allowed guest OS users to cause a denial of service (host OS panic or hang) by triggering many #DB (aka Debug) exceptions, related to svm.c (bnc#954404).
- CVE-2015-5307: The KVM subsystem in the Linux kernel allowed guest OS users to cause a denial of service (host OS panic or hang) by triggering many #AC (aka Alignment Check) exceptions, related to svm.c and vmx.c (bnc#953527).
- CVE-2015-7990: RDS: There was no verification that an underlying transport exists when creating a connection, causing usage of a NULL pointer (bsc#952384).
- CVE-2015-5157: arch/x86/entry/entry_64.S in the Linux kernel on the x86_64 platform mishandled IRET faults in processing NMIs that occurred during userspace execution, which might have allowed local users to gain privileges by triggering an NMI (bnc#938706).
- CVE-2015-7872: The key_gc_unused_keys function in security/keys/gc.c in the Linux kernel allowed local users to cause a denial of service (OOPS) via crafted keyctl commands (bnc#951440).
- CVE-2015-0272: Missing checks allowed remote attackers to cause a denial of service (IPv6 traffic disruption) via a crafted MTU value in an IPv6 Router Advertisement (RA) message, a different vulnerability than CVE-2015-8215 (bnc#944296).
- CVE-2015-6937: The __rds_conn_create function in net/rds/connection.c in the Linux kernel allowed local users to cause a denial of service (NULL pointer dereference and system crash) or possibly have unspecified other impact by using a socket that was not properly bound (bnc#945825).
The update package also includes non-security fixes. See advisory for details.
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues
|Max CVSS ||0
||Min CVSS ||0
Back to Top
|ID||CVSS||Summary||Last (major) update||Published