Back to Top
- CVEs with nessus.description==It was found that certain scripts bundled with the Bash documentation created temporary files in an insecure way. A malicious, local user could use this flaw to conduct a symbolic link attack, allowing them to overwrite the contents of arbitrary files accessible to the victim running the scripts. (CVE-2008-5374)
This update also fixes the following bugs :
- If a child process's PID was the same as the PID of a previously ended child process, Bash did not wait for that child process. In some cases this caused 'Resource temporarily unavailable' errors. With this update, Bash recycles PIDs and waits for processes with recycled PIDs. (BZ#521134)
- Bash's built-in 'read' command had a memory leak when 'read' failed due to no input (pipe for stdin). With this update, the memory is correctly freed. (BZ#537029)
- Bash did not correctly check for a valid multi-byte string when setting the IFS value, causing Bash to crash. With this update, Bash checks the multi-byte string and no longer crashes. (BZ#539536)
- Bash incorrectly set locale settings when using the built-in 'export' command and setting the locale on the same line (for example, with 'LC_ALL=C export LC_ALL').
With this update, Bash correctly sets locale settings.
|Max CVSS ||0
||Min CVSS ||0
Back to Top
|ID||CVSS||Summary||Last (major) update||Published