||Vulnerability in the MySQL Enterprise Monitor component of Oracle MySQL (subcomponent: Monitoring: Server). Supported versions that are affected are 220.127.116.1103 and earlier, 3.2.1182 and earlier and 18.104.22.1682 and earlier. Easily "exploitable" vulnerability allows high privileged attacker with network access via multiple protocols to compromise MySQL Enterprise Monitor. Successful attacks require human interaction from a person other than the attacker and while the vulnerability is in MySQL Enterprise Monitor, attacks may significantly impact additional products. Successful attacks of this vulnerability can result in unauthorized creation, deletion or modification access to critical data or all MySQL Enterprise Monitor accessible data as well as unauthorized access to critical data or complete access to all MySQL Enterprise Monitor accessible data and unauthorized ability to cause a partial denial of service (partial DOS) of MySQL Enterprise Monitor. CVSS 3.0 Base Score 8.3 (Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability impacts). CVSS Vector: (CVSS:3.0/AV:N/AC:L/PR:H/UI:R/S:C/C:H/I:H/A:L).
Oracle MySQL Enterprise Monitor 3.1.2
Oracle MySQL Enterprise Monitor 22.214.171.12456
Oracle MySQL Enterprise Monitor 126.96.36.1993
|Base: ||8.2 (as of 03-05-2017 - 23:04)|
Embedding Scripts within Scripts
An attack of this type exploits a programs' vulnerabilities that are brought on by allowing remote hosts to execute scripts. The attacker leverages this capability to execute scripts to execute his/her own script by embedding it within other scripts that the target software is likely to execute. The attacker must have the ability to inject script into script that is likely to be executed. If this is done, then the attacker can potentially launch a variety of probes and attacks against the web server's local environment, in many cases the so-called DMZ, back end resources the web server can communicate with, and other hosts.
With the proliferation of intermediaries, such as Web App Firewalls, network devices, and even printers having JVMs and Web servers, there are many locales where an attacker can inject malicious scripts. Since this attack pattern defines scripts within scripts, there are likely privileges to execute said attack on the host.
Signature Spoofing by Key Theft
An attacker obtains an authoritative or reputable signer's private signature key by theft and then uses this key to forge signatures from the original signer to mislead a victim into performing actions that benefit the attacker.
|NASL family||CGI abuses |
|NASL id||MYSQL_ENTERPRISE_MONITOR_3_3_3_1199.NASL |
|description||According to its self-reported version, the MySQL Enterprise Monitor application running on the remote host is 3.1.x prior to 188.8.131.5223, 3.2.x prior to 184.108.40.2064, or 3.3.x prior to 220.127.116.119. It is, therefore, affected by multiple vulnerabilities :
- A denial of service vulnerability exists in the Apache Commons component in the FileUpload functionality due to improper handling of file upload requests. An unauthenticated, remote attacker can exploit this, via a specially crafted content-type header, to cause a denial of service condition. Note that this vulnerability does not affect MySQL Enterprise Monitor versions 3.3.x.
- An unspecified flaw exists in the Apache Struts component that is triggered during the cleanup of action names. An unauthenticated, remote attacker can exploit this, via a specially crafted payload, to perform unspecified actions. (CVE-2016-4436)
- A carry propagation error exists in the OpenSSL component in the Broadwell-specific Montgomery multiplication procedure when handling input lengths divisible by but longer than 256 bits. This can result in transient authentication and key negotiation failures or reproducible erroneous outcomes of public-key operations with specially crafted input. A man-in-the-middle attacker can possibly exploit this issue to compromise ECDH key negotiations that utilize Brainpool P-512 curves. (CVE-2016-7055)
- An unspecified flaw exists in the Monitoring Server subcomponent that allows an authenticated, remote attacker to impact confidentiality and integrity.
- An unspecified flaw exists in the Monitoring Server subcomponent that allows an authenticated, remote attacker to impact integrity and availability.
- An out-of-bounds read error exists in the OpenSSL component when handling packets using the CHACHA20/POLY1305 or RC4-MD5 ciphers. An unauthenticated, remote attacker can exploit this, via specially crafted truncated packets, to cause a denial of service condition. (CVE-2017-3731)
- A carry propagating error exists in the OpenSSL component in the x86_64 Montgomery squaring implementation that may cause the BN_mod_exp() function to produce incorrect results. An unauthenticated, remote attacker with sufficient resources can exploit this to obtain sensitive information regarding private keys.
- A remote code execution vulnerability exists in the Apache Struts component in the Jakarta Multipart parser due to improper handling of the Content-Type, Content-Disposition, and Content-Length headers.
An unauthenticated, remote attacker can exploit this, via a specially crafted header value in the HTTP request, to execute arbitrary code. (CVE-2017-5638) |
|last seen||2019-02-21 |
|plugin id||99593 |
|title||MySQL Enterprise Monitor 3.1.x < 18.104.22.16823 / 3.2.x < 22.214.171.1244 / 3.3.x < 126.96.36.1999 Multiple Vulnerabilities (April 2017 CPU) |
|Last major update
||04-05-2017 - 09:07
||24-04-2017 - 15:59
||30-05-2019 - 11:08